The Transparent Valley
- Topic area
- Basic services, Leader, municipalities
- Disaggregation level
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Attersee - Attergau (REGATTA)
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 07–13
- Project period
- Project initiator
- Verein "Das Gläserne Tal"
LE 07-13 informationThemenbereich (Untergliederung): Leader (Tourismus)
LAG (lokale Aktionsgruppe): Attersee-Attergau (REGATTA)
Maßnahme: M413 - M313
Short description- In 1942, the glass factory Freudenthal, which shaped the cultural and social history of the town and the region, closed its doors forever.
- As part of LEADER+ (2000 - 2006), the show village Freudenthal and the "Fascination of Glass" theme trail were built.
- The "Freudenthal" project was awarded the State Prize for Regional Cultural Innovation.
- With the village development concept "Freudenthal" the project partners wanted to secure the economic success of the overall project "The Transparent Valley".
Point of departure- Focus on the topic "glass production" in the showcase village Freudenthal
- Development of various experience programmes on the subject of glass for schools and associations
- Increase in turnover and added value in the overall project " The Transparent Valley".
- Stronger networking with the cultural tourism of the region
- Inclusion of nature education and regional products as well as "healthy cuisine" in the experience programmes.
Project implementation and measures- Qualitative improvement of the visitor and event area in the Schaudorf Freudenthal in order to be able to carry out the events better and independent of the weather.
- Extension of the first floor of the reopened restaurant Freudenthal with glass oven, glass workshop, film room, dormitory and kitchen.
- Creation of new offers and marketing measures