Pleasure along the alpine pasture river
At the origin of all senses
- Topic area
- Basic services, Leader, municipalities
- Disaggregation level
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Traunsteinregion
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 07–13
- Project period
- Project costs overall
- Project initiator
- VERA - Verein Almtal
LE 07-13 informationThemenbereich (Untergliederung): Leader (Tourismus)
LAG (lokale Aktionsgruppe): Traunsteinregion
Maßnahme: M413 - M313
Short descriptionThe 52 km long, wildly romantic path along the alpine pasture to the alpine lake has been newly staged. Unusual rest areas and adventure places line the entire path. Nature lovers can linger on 30 ‘wave loungers’ and in oversized hanging chairs on the ‘Echoplatzerl`. Themed resting areas offer exciting offers for young and old, and on the eastern shore of the alpine lake you can observe the mountains through the "Viskop". Information boards in the form of question marks and call signs point out the highlights of culinary, natural and cultural delights.
The active cooperation of the communities of the Almtal in the multi-community tourism association and between the tourism businesses is essential for success.
Point of departureAlready in 2009, the idea of creating a sustainable tourism flagship project was considered analogous to the state exhibition theme of "enjoyment". The Almtal Association (VERA) was founded for this purpose, which also set the course for the overall tourism concept "Almtal 2011 - 2016" and for the establishment of a joint Almtal tourism association.
Targets and target groups- Strengthening the Almtal as a tourist destination
- Creation of tourist highlights
- Increase in the number of excursion guests / overnight stays
- Increase in added value in the Almtal valley
Project implementation and measures- Development of a continuous alpine pasture path (over 52 km) into a leading tourist trail.
- Ecologically sensitive and site-specific presentations characterise the route under the guiding aspect of "enjoyment".
- Visitor guidance measures make day tours or multi-day routes possible.
- Establishment as a "green hiking trail" with corresponding events by integrating public transport. Connection with gastronomy, cider taverns, food producing farmers, etc. for culinary enjoyment.