Seminar and Coworking Space “Gasthof Bräu”
- Topic area
- Basic services, Leader, municipalities
- Disaggregation level
- Site development
- SMEs, trade & economy
- Education & lifelong learning
- Municipal development
- Knowledge transfer
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Oberinnviertel-Mattigtal
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 14–20
- Project period
- 2016-2018 (geplantes Projektende)
- Project costs overall
- 150.000,00 €
- Subsidy from LE 14-20
- 90.000,00 €
- EN - 19.2.1. Umsetzung der lokalen Entwicklungsstrategie
- Project initiator
- Gemeinde Munderfing
Short descriptionThe country inn’s geographical location but also its extended future purpose, will turn the “Gasthof Bräu” into a community center again. On one hand, the country inn’s tavern shall be reopened. On the other hand, the facilities shall provide room for external seminars to regional companies.
In addition, apartments are being allocated to the employees in order to ease their start in the new job.
The locations shall furthermore serve as a coworking-space for individual and micro businesses.
Point of departureThe country inn „Gasthof Bräu“ is located in the center of Munderfing, Austria. It was once an important place for the social and economic community life and has mostly been empty for 40 years now. The unsuccessful attempt to reopen the country inn and to restore its original function, was already made some years ago.
Within the last month the communal authority has been using the country inn’s facilities for launching workshops, presentations and other events. It became evident that the building’s restoration introduces great benefits and opportunities for the community as well as for the region.
The revitalization of the country inn shall be effected now. The organization of a think tank, including 40 representatives of various stakeholders, and the holding of an exchange meeting with the managers of the leading regional companies have highlighted the demand for external facilities for seminars, workshops and other events.
Targets and target groupsThe goal is to increase the location´s attractiveness for businesses as well as for potential startups. The target groups are young entrepreneurs and regional leading companies.
Project implementation and measures
• Modification and conversion of the vacant premises into a coworking space and office infrastructure for startups and individual entrepreneurs. => 2 / 2 synergy effect.
• Modification and conversion of the vacant premises into seminar rooms for the sustainable implementation of training programs of the reginal leading companies.
• 5 so-called starting-apartments for skilled workers of the regional leading companies.
Results and effectsMore businesses are involved in synergies through operational cooperation.
Number of businesses engaged in operational cooperation: 2
Number of created jobs: 3
The project remains in the implementation phase.