Young village centre Langfirling
- Topic area
- Disaggregation level
- Integration & Social Inclusion
- Municipal development
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Mühlviertler Alm
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 14–20
- Project period
- Jänner 2017-2018 (geplantes Projektende)
- EN - 19.2.1. Umsetzung der lokalen Entwicklungsstrategie
- Project initiator
- Liebenswertes Langfirling
Short descriptionSince several young families with children and adolescents have settled down again in Langfirling, it was decided to use the village grounds in the middle of the village and thus revive them.
In a dedicated meeting with the children and young people of the village, it was worked out what they lack in the village and what they would wish for. The results were collected and discussed in the board of the association.
But not only for the younger generation something should be created at the village square, also for the older generation.
Since the very old village lime tree had to be felled a few years ago because of its rotten condition, a new young tree was planted in its place. In conversations with the older people of the village, the wish for a shaping of this place was also mentioned very often. This place is intended to provide a cosy, neighborly sitting together, while the younger ones can amuse themselves by playing on their newly created surfaces.
Point of departureIn the village itself a lively associative life is noticeable. Especially the volunteer fire brigade is a trademark of the small village. Due to the lively influx of people, however, the inhabitants have for some years been trying harder to activate the common village life and enrich it with various activities. For this purpose a special association "Liebenswertes Langfirling" was founded.
Except the volunteer fire brigade, the village lacks other interesting leisure activities, especially for children and young people - including the nearby village of Waldfeld.
Targets and target groups
- Creation of a new, attractive leisure program for children and young people in Langfirling
- Positioning as a lovable village for young and old
- Revitalisation of the village: Use of the currently unused village land for community activities
- Maintaining and improving the village's neighborhood, friendship and the social structure
Project implementation and measuresChildren & Youth:
- Construction of a recreational area with artificial turf on which several games can be played, recreational court for children and young people.
- Construction of a small natural biotope for multiple use (extinguishing and swimming pond or ice skating and curling)
- Design of the "Gemeinschaftsplatzerl" at the village lime tree with additional seats
- construction of an oversized statue of St. Florian, the patron saint of the country and the village, to guard the village and the village square.