Mühlviertler Alm Childrensinging Days
- Topic area
- Disaggregation level
- Integration & Social Inclusion
- Knowledge transfer
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Mühlviertler Alm
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 14–20
- Project period
- April 2018-Dezember 2020 (geplantes Projektende)
- EN - 19.2.1. Umsetzung der lokalen Entwicklungsstrategie
- Project initiator
- Musikverein Kaltenberg
Short descriptionThe multi-year project "Mühlviertler Alm Childrensinging Days" will enchant children of primary school age with music and singing and thus arouse their interest in this community-based leisure activity.
Annual singing days, each year with a different theme, will inspire children between the ages of eight and ten from the communities of the region to singing and music.
An experienced team of speakers will ensure a high pedagogical and artistic level. The children have fun with it, and on the last afternoon of the workshop they will enact the learned during a crowning final concert to the best.
The project is supported by music clubs, choirs, elementary schools and communities of the Mühlviertler Alm region.
Point of departureIn the communities of the Mühlviertler Alm region there are still music bands and church choirs. These make an indispensable contribution especially for social, cultural happenings and events as well as religious feast.
The current development of an aging population in rural areas is of course also reflected in the clubs in many places. Also choirs and music bands have to struggle with this circumstance and are often not able to attract enough "young talents" for this important honorary, cultural activity in the community.
Targets and target groups- Participation of 100 to 120 children per year from the region
- Promotion of musical talent
- Already at an early age the children are motivated and passionated about singing, as a prerequisite for later participation in choirs.
- Promoting cohesion and community in the region
- Song material is preserved (care of folkloristic songs)
- Making children familiar with culture
Project implementation and measures- Workshop series: in each case 3-day singing and music workshop (total 15 h) in autumn 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Knowledgeable speakers spark the interest in singing and rhythm with the highest pedagogical design and further develop various talents.
- Singing in large groups under professional supervision, in smaller groups rhythm is experienced: imitation of various instruments, dancing, body percussion....