Art Laboratory 2019
- Topic area
- Basic services, Leader, municipalities
- Disaggregation level
- Education & lifelong learning
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Obst- und Gemüseregion Eferding
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 14–20
- Project period
- Project costs overall
- Subsidy from LE 14-20
- EN - 19.1.1. Erstellung der lokalen Entwicklungsstrategie
- Project initiator
- Campus Eferding
Short descriptionThe promotion of talents, discovering strengths and interests and getting in contact with completely new contents broadens the intellectual horizon and thereby contributes to the personal development of the person.
Around 440 pupils from three schools of Eferding will work for three days in the framework of the Art Laboratory 2019 with more than 30 artists in 24 workshops of various art movements.
Point of departureArtistic creation is above all action-oriented and offers a diverse range of experiences for the participating young people.
Three schools in Eferding will cooperate in May 2019 with regional artists who will offer young people the opportunity to gain insights into artistic thinking and action. In this way they can express their personality in a creative way and immerse themselves in the development of artistic processes.
Targets and target groupsThe aims of the project are the networking of young artists among each other as well as the networking with young people.
- Promotion of existing interests and talents.
- Free choice from a wide range of different art styles.
- Development of courage, self-initiative, trust, solution competence and creativity.
- Development of a self-image for one's own personal expression.
- Time to experiment.
- Experiencing the artistic design process in its entirety.
- Have the opportunity to exchange information with the artists about their professional fields.
- Involvement of teachers from all three schools as assistants during the workshops.
- To give the interested public an insight into artistic creation (similar to an art symposium).
Project implementation and measuresWorkshops were planned with academic artists from Austria and abroad, artists from the region and students from various art universities in Linz and Vienna.
The topics offered were as diverse as the artists themselves and could be developed in workshops held over three days.
Literature, drum, ceramics, drawing (charcoal), tableux vivants, music & language, painting, film, photography, movement, dance, performance, graffiti, sculpture, collage, circus, sculpture (wood, stone, plaster), installation, bodypainting
Inhabitants, teachers and parents were invited to observe the work of the young people during the art laboratory and to attend the workshops.