Culture in the river
Feasibility study boiler room (Pernerinsel)
- Topic area
- Basic services, Leader, municipalities
- Disaggregation level
- Project region
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Lebens.Wert.Pongau
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 07–13
- Project period
- Project initiator
- Kulturforum Hallein
LE 07-13 informationThemenbereich (Untergliederung): Leader (Kultur)
LAG (lokale Aktionsgruppe): Tennengau
Maßnahme: M413 - M322
Short descriptionHallein's reputation as a city of culture is known far beyond the borders of the region.
With the project "Kultur im Fluss - Machbarkeitsstudie Kesselraum" the necessary foundations for the development of a place for culture should be developed:
- Hardware (architecture and building construction)
- Software (organizational development and cultural management)
The boiler room of the old saline on the island “Pernerinsel” was envisaged as a possible location. In the context of a feasibility study the possibilities for implementing a cultural site were investigated.
Point of departureIn a committed preparatory work carried out by the existing initiatives together with decision-makers from the community and region, the necessity for a place of design and presentation, which also offers opportunities for identification as a place of regional culture, became loud. The existing objects on the “Pernerinsel” were identified as an ideal space or place for expansion.
Common tenor: to find a place of culture that leads out of the narrowness of the current and at the same time long situation and enable a free communicative cultural creation for the initiatives in the community as well as the region.
Targets and target groupsThe project aims to create the necessary foundations for the development of a "place for culture".
The feasibility study should cover two main topics:
"Hardware" (architecture and building construction)
- Evaluation of the existing building structure
- Suggestions for possibilities for restoration and adaptation as an innovative cultural site
- Cost estimation for necessary investments
"Software" (organizational development and cultural management)
- Development of a utilisation and organisation concept as a basis for sustainable cultural work in the region by integrating the existing initiatives.
- Financing concept for the organisation and operation of the boiler room
Project implementation and measures1. conducting a technical feasibility study to adapt parts of the “Pernerinsel” as a multifunctional cultural and event space or cultural centre.
2. development of an organisational model (objectives, tasks, necessary infrastructure, personnel requirements...) for the use of the rooms by linking existing initiatives in the city of Hallein as well as in the Tennengau region. Assessment of the possibilities for establishing an efficient cultural management (financial and organisational needs...).