„Dorf im Bild“
A village deals with its history
- Topic area
- Basic services, Leader, municipalities
- Disaggregation level
- Municipal development
- Education & lifelong learning
- Knowledge transfer
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Mühlviertler Alm
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 14–20
- Project period
- 1. März 2017-30. Juni 2018
- EN - 19.2.1. Umsetzung der lokalen Entwicklungsstrategie
- Project initiator
- TU WAS Otelo Mühlviertler Alm
Short descriptionThe project "Dorf im Bild" collects, together with the help of the entire population, old picture material from the village Weitersfelden. These can be private family photos, typical work of daily life, as well as photos of festivals and the village itself. These photos are to be exhibited at several locations in Weitersfelden such as the municipal office, taverns, local suppliers but also in windows of private buildings along the streets in the town centre during the Christmas season.
Point of departureOver the last one and a half years, in the village of Weitersfelden the ‘TU WAS OTELO Mühlviertler Alm’, which includes several rooms, was built. These rooms can be used in various ways and are freely available to the interested public.
The so-called Radionest has already recorded numerous radio broadcasts or transmitted them live, the creative atelier works extensively with wood, wood turning and archery, while the Gwölb offers workshops such as cutting and grafting trees, ... and the Denkbar has already held numerous meetings on different topics.
Some members of the association now want to focus more on the history of the village and move the picture into the foreground. Also for this, the rooms of the Otelos can be used.
Targets and target groups- Archiving old pictures and linking them to narrated information before these get lost
- Population dealing with its own family history as well as the history of the village
- Creation of an interesting attraction during the Christmas season
- Trigger further interest in the ‘TU WAS OTELO’
Project implementation and measures- Collection, digital processing and archiving 70 - 100 photos from the village of Weitersfelden (mainly from the first half of the 20th century)
- Development of 70 large format photos, provided with text and frame
- Establishment and promotion of the exhibition ‘Dorf im Bild’ in the local area of Weitersfelden
- Design of A3-size wall calendars, which are also providing photos and text. These calendars are distributed for free to all "photo donors" and interested people.