Improved town centre signage for the tourism region
- Topic area
- Disaggregation level
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Mühlviertler Alm
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 14–20
- Project period
- Jänner 2018-Dezember 2018 (geplantes Projektende)
- EN - 19.2.1. Umsetzung der lokalen Entwicklungsstrategie
- Project initiator
- Verband Mühlviertler Alm
Short descriptionWithin the framework of the project, those tourism communities in the region, which do not yet have a uniform and clear signage of the town centre will be converted to a corresponding signage system.
Point of departureIn some town centres of the tourism region Mühlviertler Alm there is often confusion among tourists due to partly outdated, confusing and unclear signage boards. Locals find their way in town centres, but this does not always apply to external guests, which leads to criticism.
Targets and target groups- Elimination of an outdated "sign jungle" in the town centres
- New, clearly laid out town centre signs
- Clear signage of starting points and tourist routes
- Uniform system applied to several municipalities
Project implementation and measures- Planning, production and installation of a uniform local signage system in the municipalities of Pierbach, St. Leonhard, Weitersfelden and Unterweißenbach.
- Coordinated further development of tourist offers & structures
- Qualitative improvement of existing offers and infrastructures