Kernland Saft & Most (Heartland Juice & Must)
- Topic area
- Basic services, Leader, municipalities
- Agriculture and forestry, incl. value chain
- Disaggregation level
- Business management
- Project region
- Upper Austria
- Local Action Group (LAG)
- LAG Mühlviertler Kernland
- LE– Programming Period
- LE 07–13
- Project period
- Project costs overall
- 135.665 EUR
- Project initiator
- Norbert Eder
LE 07-13 informationThemenbereich (Untergliederung): Leader (Landwirtschaft)
Themenbereich (Untergliederung): Landwirtschaft und Markt (Betriebswirtschaft und Effizienz)
LAG (lokale Aktionsgruppe): Mühlviertler Kernland
Maßnahme: M413 - M311
Short descriptionThe Association “Mühlviertler Kernland Saft und Most” (Mühlviertel Heartland Juice and Must) wants to promote jointly the fruit processing in the region by means of the establishment of a modern processing plant (washing and grinding plant, Pasteur, Bag-in Box and bottle filler.
Point of departureHowever the ecologically reasonable meadows with scattered fruit trees which are so typical for the Mühlviertel: Heartland are being less and less frequently utilised. But without utilisation there is no reason to maintain them. The processing to juices would be appreciated by many owners of scattered fruit trees, but the laborious work is not worthwhile.
Targets and target groups- Increase of the income of the project partner
- Safeguarding of jobs
- Ecological and regional processing of fruits from scattered fruit trees.
- Maintaining the cultivated landscape
Project implementation and measures- Establishment of a washing/grinding plant
- Belt filter press on the farm of Norbert Eder
- Filling plant for Bag in Box System (plastic bag, reusable, three-month durability simple and space-´saving storage, no empty bottles or empty crates)
- Marketing concept
Results and effects- Safeguarding of the individual stands of fruit trees which mark the landscape.
- Kern land juice will become the leading product of the region.
- Self-supply with juice is being increased
- An opportunity for a value-added for many people is created
- Initial spark for diverse must and juice products
- Consumers identify themselves again more with the region and appreciate their landscape, their products and their farmers.